UNFCCC Climate Change Conference - COP21
Local and Regional Governments at COP21
From 30 November to 11 December 2015, Paris hosted COP21, the UNFCCC Climate Change Conference. COP21 resulted in a landmark agreement that strives to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius, with the intent to pursue a 1.5-degree target
ICLEI was heavily involved in COP21. We facilitated the Cities & Regions Pavilion in the Climate Generations Areas, helped to organize the historic Climate Summit for Local Leaders at Paris City Hall, and advocated on behalf of local and subnational governments in the negotiating zone.
COP21 Digests collect all the latest news and stories related to the conference, including blog posts, news articles, events, webinars, videos and photos.
Download the press releases developed by ICLEI before, during and after the COP.
- carbonn Climate Registry 5 Year Overview Report (2010-2015)
- Forging Measurable, Reportable and Verifiable actions to tackle climate change
- A brief history of Local Government Climate Roadmap Advocacy
- Reporting Platforms
- Vertical Integration
- The Transformative Actions Program (TAP)
- Friends of Cities
- Cities and Regions are ready for COP21! #WeAreReady
Read all COP21 blogposts on our blog CityTalk here.