The members of the European Commitee of the Regions met on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th July in the 130th plenary session.
On the first day, representatives of national associations of local and regional authorities discussed with CoR members about the Future of Europe. Ms Juliane Bogner-Strauss, Federal Minister for women, families and youth, presented the priorities of the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
On the second day, Mr Miguel Arias Cañete, Commissioner for Climate Action & Energy, Mr Tomasz Chruszczow, High-Level Climate Champion of the Polish Ministry of the Environment, Mr Ashok Alexander Sridharan, President of ICLEI, and Mariusz Skiba, Deputy Mayor of Katowice, discussed with members about climate change.
Eleven opinions were on the agenda of the plenary session:
- Eastern Partnership deliverables for 2020: The contribution of local and regional authorities, rapporteur Mr Sören Herbst (DE/EPP)
- Action plan to support the protection of public spaces, rapporteur Mr Jean-François Barnier (FR/ALDE)
- Implementation assessment of the urban agenda for the EU, rapporteur Mr Kieran McCarthy (IE/EA)
- Boosting growth and cohesion in EU border regions, rapporteur Mr János Ádám Karácsony (HU/EPP)
- Proposal for a Directive on unfair trading practices in business-to-business relationships in the food supply chain, rapporteur Mr Jacques Blanc (FR/EPP)
- The public procurement package, rapporteur Mr Adrian Ovidiu Teban (RO/EPP)
- Reform proposals for the economic and monetary union, rapporteur Mr Christophe Rouillon (FR/PES)
- Local and regional incentives to promote healthy and sustainable diets, rapporteur Mr Nikolaos Chiotakis (EL/EPP)
- Transparent and predictable working conditions in the European Union, rapporteur Ms Isolde Ries (DE/PES)
- Climate governance after 2020, a European and global perspective – a contribution to the UNFCCC COP24, rapporteur Mr Andrew Varah Cooper (UK/EA)
- Delivering on low-emission mobility, rapporteur Mr Michiel Scheffer (NL/ALDE)
About The European Committee of the Regions
- Jul 4, 2018
- Jul 5, 2018
European Committee of the Regions European Committee of the Regions, Rue Belliard, Brussels, Belgium